Frequently Asked Questions
Driver’s License Requirements
- License must be issued from the State/Province of Residence.
- License may not be expired.
- No Learners Permits or photocopies of any kind.
- A temporary DL will not be accepted.
International Driver’s License
- License must be issued from the Country of Residence.
- All drivers must have a valid non-expired driving license and photographic identification to be produced at the time of rental.
- Two part license holders must produce both parts.
- All additional drivers must meet the same primary renter requirements.
- Additional drivers must appear at the rental office with the primary renter.
- Additional drivers will be added at the rental office.
- Additional drivers must present a valid driver's license.
- The primary renter and any additional drivers of the vehicle must be at least 25 years of age.
- Rates and rental requirements/policies are available at the office location.
- To view types of rental cars we offer simply go to the vehicle page.
Credit Cards Honored
- American Express
Rental Car Classification
- Compact SUV
- Full Size
- Mid-Size SUV
- Cargo Van
Standard Features on Rental Cars
- Air conditioning
- Automatic transmission
- Power locks
- Power windows
- AM/FM radio
- Power or power-assisted steering
Additional features, such as CD players, XM radios are not available on all vehicles and cannot be guaranteed.
Rental Cargo Van
If you would like to know the exact amount and/or cost of the coverage:
- You may contact the office directly at 941-923-5293 or 1-800-380-4707.
S. A. Rentals offers the following Protection Option:
DAMAGE WAIVER (DW) is offered at the time of rental for an additional daily charge.
DW is not insurance. The purchase of DW is optional and not required to rent a car. The protection provided by DW may duplicate the renter's existing coverage. S. A. Rentals is not qualified to evaluated the adequacy of the renter's existing coverage; therefore the renter should examine his or her credit card protections, automobile insurance policies or other sources of coverage that may duplicate the protection provided by DW.
The cost of Damage Waiver varies by each individual rental contract. The daily cost is determined by length of rental agreement. The exact amount can be provided to you when you call the office at 941-923-5293 or 1-800-380-4707.
Vehicle Pick Up
- Vehicles can only be picked up during normal business hours or by appointment.
- If you are unable to pick up the vehicle prior to closing, please contact the office during business hours to make other arrangements.
We require that all rental vehicles be returned during normal business hours. If you want to return a vehicle when the business is closed you must check with the office when picking up your vehicle.
Please Note: Vehicles must be returned to the same location where picked up.
We may allow returns after business hours upon prior notification and approval. We will then inform you of procedures we have in place for your early or late return. Please remember to check with the office when picking up your rental vehicle for exact procedure.
Please Note: A vehicle that is returned after hours will not be checked in until the next business day. If returning after business hours when the office is closed, the customer is responsible for the vehicle until the satisfactory check-in of the rental vehicle the next business day.
If you have already picked up your vehicle and wish to make changes:
- You will need to contact the office at 941-923-5293 to discuss the availability of an extension.
- You will not be able to add additional days on-line nor over the phone once you have picked up your rental vehicle.
- If the office is closed, please contact us the following business day.
Please call the main office at 941-923-5293 or 1-800-380-4707. We will honor the rental with advance notice and provide proper arrangements. There is no need to update the reservation unless; the flight is going to be delayed until the next morning.
If you are going to arrive after business hours you must contact the office, unless other agreements have been made.
S. A. Rentals offers some of the most competitive rates in the local industry; we offer special seasonal rates throughout the year.
Some of our best rental deals are:
- Weekly rates
- Monthly rates
These special rates vary with season and are subject to change.
S. A. Rentals does NOT offer a discount for AARP.
We do not have a partnership agreement with AARP to offer a discount. We already incorporate discounts in our continuous competitive rates.
In order to determine your mileage it will depend on your contract agreement.
Mileage can and will be different based on:
- When you want to pick up the vehicle
- Length of rental agreement
- What size vehicle you would like to rent
Please Note: A vehicle that is returned after hours will not be checked in until the next business day. If returning after hours when the office is closed, the customer is responsible for the vehicle until the satisfactory check-in of the rental vehicle the next business day.
Before returning the rental car, you must refuel the vehicle to the same fuel level you received when you picked up the rental vehicle.
S. A. Rentals does not allow a hitch to be attached or towing of any kind to the rental vehicle.
Child Safety Seat
S. A. Rentals takes child safety and protection very seriously. Keeping your child safe in the vehicle is one of the most important things you can do, so please consider the following steps when renting a child safety seat:
- As the customer you are responsible for complying with all applicable seat belt and child restraint laws.
- Customers must install child safety seats themselves. Employees of S. A. Rentals may not install the child safety seats; however we are happy to carry them to your rental vehicle.
We do not provide GPS services at this time.
S. A. Rentals does not offer the Toll Pass program.
We look forward to the day in which we can provide such services to travelers and eliminate the need for them to wait in long cash payment lines at a toll plaza.
Citation Information & Payment
If you paid for your car rental with a credit card; we can directly charge that card. There is no need to do anything else. If you prefer to use another card, please call the office immediately:
Office: 941-923-5293 or 1-800-380-4707
If you wish to contact us by e-mail:
- Select Contact Us at the top of our website page, select Email Us and complete the requested information.
- If you wish to pay your violation by check, please mail your payment and the citation number (as indicated in our letter) to the following address:
S. A. Rentals - Citations
5041 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, Fl 34231-4255
Toll Pass Service enables customers to drive without worrying about unexpected tolls or having exact change at the time of passing through a tollgate. The daily Toll Pass Service fee does not include the actual toll charges.
You will be notified about each individual toll or violation.
Lost & Found
We make every effort to hold items that are left behind in a rental vehicle or at the main office.
Please note: The company is not financially responsible for lost items.
To inquire about a lost item, please contact the office at 941-923-5293.
To inquire about a lost item through email,
Select Contact Us at the top of our website page, select Email Us and complete the requested information.